As a small company we are very lucky to be able to only work with the best Outdoors professionals in the industry, based on their qualifications, experience and personalities., and we are always on the look out for more top-notch professionals to join our team.
By joining our Trainer community, you will be working with one of the most staff friendly providers around, with folk who have a genuine passion for personal development.
To work in the UK for us there are some qualifications we require but also some which depend on the work you do (expeditions in mountainous terrain require pertinent NGB quals)
• To be involved in DofE you must be ML Summer Assessed and either be a DofE Assessor or Supervisor (depending on the event)
• To be involved in any PD courses you must be able to demonstrate appropriate soft skills
• Have a minimum 16hr remote 1st aid qualification, eg REC2
• Registered on the DBS update system (or obtain a DBS certificate through us)
• Hold a safeguarding qualification
• You must also have experience of working with young people on similar events
It is crucial for us that the Trainers we work with allow students to:
Before we offer work to anyone, we have a friendly familiarisation conversation so that we can get a feel for who they are and vice versa. This is where people are invited to get to know Wilderness.